- 5+ Years Experience in Business Copywriting & Client Relations
- BA in Technical and Professional Writing from UNCW – Journalism Minor
- The Seahawk Newspaper Copy Editor and Former Member of Student Led Editorial Board.
- Certified Google Digital Sales Professional
- Extensive Working Knowledge of Google’s Webmaster Tools, Search Console, Google My Business Listings, Google AdWords & Google Analytics.
- Member of the National Association of Landscape Professionals – Administrative
- Member of the National Association of Success and Leadership – Honors Society
I found I was truly skilled at teaching and explaining the nature of things to people, but I also discovered that a career in teaching just wasn’t for me. After discovering I had a knack for writing and designing informative content, I chose to pursue my BA in English Focusing On Professional and Technical Writing from UNC Wilmington (Go Seahawks!).
I graduated, wrote for a few content mills (still do on occasion), took on a couple of freelancing gigs, wrote for some incredibly popular digital publications dedicated to sports and sports gaming and I slowly began to branch out.
Today, I work meticulously to help businesses reach their goals.
I have additional skills such as creating professionally formatted documents, adhering to style guides and composing business literature such as employee handbooks and recommendation reports. A successful company is great at communicating internally as well as externally. One of the biggest challenges I will help you overcome is explaining yourself, what it is your business or service provides and what that means to others.
The Numbers and the Google Certifications Speak For Themselves
In under 6 months time, I implemented a regular content schedule, integrated business solutions that solved communications issues, and ran a social media campaign that recently hit the mark for right at 3,000 people reached to go with 458 engagements.
Using accurate keywords, social media marketing and optimizing the site’s content to meet Google’s requirements and specifications, I was able to help the business expand its reach. To go off of that success, nearly 75% of all traffic came from organic Google Searches, and the business listing was appearing at or near the top of the first page of search results.
The amount of traffic generated more leads than ownership expected, and the company had to start turning down smaller projects in favor of larger, more lucrative ones.